1. What is attribution reporting?
A reporting model that focuses on which travel agents saw the advertising and went on to make a booking within a reasonable period of time.
2. Why are we moving to this type of reporting?
Attribution reporting of digital display ads is the most credible and commonly used reporting across the advertising industry. We are responding to the growing demand to align GDS advertising reporting to that of B2C advertising.
3. Why is Attribution Reporting better than what we had before?
Past GDS Display Ads reporting was based on a YOY comparison while a campaign was being run. Campaign impact was measured on the volume new and increasing agency bookings. Attribution reporting is now able to show if a booking was made as a direct result of seeing an advert and is no longer reliant on YOY comparisons.
4. What is the attribution window?
The time period during which eligible bookings are attributed to the campaign, the default attribution window is 30 days, but it can be flexed.
5. How is the return on advertising spent (ROAS) being calculated?
It is calculated as attributed revenue divided by the pro-rated cost of advertising
6. How do we attribute Brand, Chain and Multi Property campaigns?
We examine the searches the agency made, the cities targeted in the campaign and the bookings made in order to derive a match; only bookings made in the targeted cities are counted.
7. If there is a single property campaign running at the same time and in the same market with a brand campaign that includes that property, would both campaigns get credited?
Yes, both campaigns would be credited, we do not separate the bookings attributed to different campaigns running at the same time in the same market.