Global requests for assistance for airline passengers with intellectual disabilities nearly double following awareness campaign
- Little-known SSR code, DPNA, can be used to alert airlines when a traveler has an intellectual or developmental disability and needs assistance
- Many airlines offer support to meet passengers’ individual needs once alerted via the SSR code
- Use of the code on flights booked through Travelport has increased 89% since the launch of its Travel Unified campaign, with the use up 94% in Europe, 273% in Asia, 259% in Africa and 22% in Oceania
- Travelport has now extended the campaign unt
Singapore, September 25 2019 (Wednesday): Travelport, a leading technology company serving the travel industry, today further deepened its collaboration with Singapore Airlines (SIA) and the travel agency community on the implementation of SIA’s KrisConnect Programme – the airline’s initiative to leverage IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) standard.
- Survey of 23,000 people shows travelers want value over cost but often struggle to find it
- More control and transparency required to satisfy thirst for personalization
- Digital solutions increasingly influencing decision making and travel management
- The agreement is Travelport’s largest hotel partnership in Europe
- Edwardian Hotels London will become Travelport’s first Hotel Research and Development partner
Langley, UK, 4 September 2019: Travelport, a leading travel commerce platform, has signed a long-term agreement with Edwardian Hotels London, one of the UK’s leading luxury hotel and hospitality brands.
Tokyo, 02 September 2019 – Travelport today agreed with Japan Airlines (“JAL”) not to proceed with their proposed joint venture to form a global distribution system combining Travelport Japan K.K. with JAL’s wholly owned subsidiary, Axess International Network Inc. (“Axess”). The announcement of the proposed joint venture between Travelport and JAL was made on 19 March 2019.
Langley, UK, August 20, 2019: Travelport, a leading technology company serving the travel industry announces the development of a blockchain solution to enhance the hotel commission reconciliation process.
- Travelport processes live test GDS bookings of Qantas’ NDC content
- First connections begin new era of distribution in Australia
Sydney, Australia, August 15 2019: As the next step in its continuing support for Qantas’ New Distribution Capability, including the Qantas Distribution Platform (QDP), Travelport, a leading technology company serving the travel industry, has today begun handling its first bookings with Qantas using IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) standard.