What information does Travelport collect?
Travelport gathers two types of information about you: (1) Personal Information that you provide to us, and (2) Personal Information we receive from other sources.
How does Travelport collect information?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We collect information when we request it from you and when you provide it to us voluntarily. Generally this occurs when you request information or a service from us or register for a Travelport service. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph or other information. You are not legally required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, other business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How does Travelport use this Information?
Usually, we and our other business partners use your information to deliver our products and services.
We may use Personal Information held about you in a variety of ways including the following:
- to communicate with you and to carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to perform billing and accounting functions and other internal business processes;
- to communicate with you about conferences or events hosted or co-sponsored by Travelport or one of our partners;
- to inform you about other products and/or services available from Travelport and our selected partners and to inform you about competitions and promotions we may run from time to time; and
- if you enter a competition or sales promotion we will use any Personal Information you have provided to us to enable us to administer the competition or sales promotion.
With whom does Travelport share information?
The following describes some of the ways that any Personal Information may be disclosed:
- We disclose Personal Information to our group companies, selected business partners and sponsors and to vendors that perform functions on our behalf, including suppliers of software development services, business processing service providers, contact center service providers, training service providers, and computer maintenance providers;
- We may also process and disclose Personal Information as required by law, subpoena, or regulation; when requested by government or law enforcement authorities; for credit card processing, authentication, and fraud prevention; or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Data security and integrity
Travelport maintains reasonable measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Travelport also takes reasonable steps to keep Personal Information accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use.
The security of all information we receive is an important concern to us. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Travelport can't ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Travelport retains Personal Information no longer than is necessary to comply with legal obligations and to fulfill legitimate business and compliance purposes.
Travelport analyzes, uses, discloses, and processes statistical and other data in de-personalized form that Travelport obtains or generates in connection with its business. This data is used to identify trends and other activities in the travel industry.
International transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union ("EU"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EU who work for us or for one of our vendors. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of the services you receive from us, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. The countries that your Personal Information may be transferred to may have laws that differ from the laws of your country.
Data access and correction requests and other questions
In case you change your mind or you make us aware of changes to your personal information (such as your postal or e-mail address), we will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal information that you give us. We also give you the opportunity to control the communications we direct to you.
If you do not consent to the data use described in this policy, you may choose not to use our services.
Inquiries may be directed to:
One Axis Park, 10 Hurricane Way
Langley, Berkshire SL3 8AG
Attention: Privacy Officer / Legal Department
T: +44 (0) 1753 288000
F: +44 (0) 1753 288001
300 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
United States of America
Attention: Privacy Officer / Legal Department
T: +1 770 563 7400
F: +1 770 563 7878
Publication and effective date
This policy is published by Travelport, LP on behalf of the Travelport group companies. Travelport, LP is a Delaware USA limited partnership with its principal place of business located at 300 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, USA, T: +1 770-563-7400, F: +1 770-563-7878. We may update this policy from time to time and will post a prominent notice to inform users about significant changes.
Effective Date: This policy was last updated on July 21, 2015.