|Privacy notice for California residents
At Travelport, we want to give you an understanding about how we collect your information and the use we make of it in the course of our business.
What information does Travelport collect?
Travelport gathers two types of information about you: (1) Personal Information that you provide to us, and (2) Personal Information we receive from other sources.
How does Travelport collect information?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We collect information when we request it from you and when you provide it to us voluntarily. Generally this occurs when you request information or a service from us or register for a Travelport service. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph or other information.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, other business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How does Travelport use this information?
Usually, we and our other business partners use your information to deliver our products and services.
We may use Personal Information held about you in a variety of ways including the following:
- To communicate with you and to carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar operational communications
- To notify you about changes to our services
- Perform billing and accounting functions and other internal business processes
- If you enter a competition or sales promotion we will use any Personal Information you have provided to us to enable us to administer the competition or sales promotion
- To inform you about other products and/or services available from Travelport and our selected partners and to inform you about competitions and promotions we may run from time to time
- When we perform billing and accounting functions and other internal business processes
Our lawful bases for this processing are is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract that we have entered in to or are about to enter in to with you or that it is in our legitimate business interests. We may also send you marketing communications where you have expressly consented to receive them.
With whom does Travelport share information?
The following describes some of the ways that any Personal Information may be disclosed:
- We disclose Personal Information to our group companies, selected business partners and sponsors and to vendors that perform functions on our behalf, including suppliers of software development services, business processing service providers, contact center service providers, training service providers, and computer maintenance providers
- We may also process and disclose Personal Information when lawfully requested by public authorities, including requests based on national security or law enforcement requirements for credit card processing, authentication, and fraud prevention; or as otherwise required or permitted by law, subpoena, or regulation
- We do not sell Personal Information for purposes of allowing third parties to conduct direct marketing for their own products or services
Data security and integrity
Travelport maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Travelport also takes reasonable steps to keep Personal Information accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended use.
Whenever Travelport uses third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf it will ensure that they do so for specified purposes and on its instructions only.
The security of all information we receive is an important concern to us. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Travelport can’t ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Travelport retains Personal Information no longer than is necessary to for the purpose for which it is collected, to comply with legal obligations and to fulfill legitimate business and compliance purposes.
Travelport analyzes, uses, discloses, and processes statistical and other data in de-personalized (anonymized) form that Travelport obtains or generates in connection with its business. This data is used to identify trends and other activities in the travel industry.
International transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our vendors. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of the services you receive from us, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. The countries that your Personal Information may be transferred to may have laws that differ from the laws of your country.
Travelport will implement appropriate safeguards under Article 46 of the GDPR for the transfer of your personal information to the US and other countries outside of the EEA which do not have an adequacy decision under Article 45 of the GDPR (which, following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union and in the absence of any agreement between the United Kingdom and the member states of the European Union stating otherwise, will include the United Kingdom). Except in circumstances where there is an agreement between the United Kingdom and the member states of the European Union requiring otherwise, following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union these same protections will apply in relation to the transfer of personal information from the United Kingdom to third countries.
To learn more about model contracts, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm.
Data access and correction requests and other questions
Data privacy laws grant individuals certain rights with respect to the:
- Restriction or objection to processing of their own Personal Information
Any requests to exercise these rights (including requests for applicable model clauses), questions or complaints relating to your Personal Information should be directed to Travelport at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Data Protection Officer at the addresses specified below. Travelport retains the right to use reasonable measures to authenticate the identity of any person who makes a request in respect of their Personal Information or otherwise raises any questions.
Privacy-related communications may be directed to:
One Axis Park, 10 Hurricane Way
Langley, Berkshire SL3 8AG
Attention: Data Protection Officer / Legal Dept.
T: +44 (0) 1753 288000
F: +44 (0) 1753 288001
300 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Attention: Data Protection Officer / Legal Dept.
T: +1 770 563 7400
F: +1 770 563 7878
Once we receive your inquiry we will investigate the matter and respond to you promptly. We will endeavor to do this within 30 days. If this is not possible, we will endeavor to contact you and let you know about a revised timeframe.
If you European Traveler experiences an issue regarding GDS your Personal Information that you European Traveler cannot resolve directly with Travelport, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
Publication and effective date
This policy is published by Travelport, LP on behalf of the Travelport group companies. Travelport, LP is a Delaware USA limited partnership with its principal place of business located at 300 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, USA, T: +1 770-563-7400, F: +1 770-563-7878. We may update this policy from time to time and will post a prominent notice to inform users about significant changes.
Effective Date: This policy was last updated on 1st January 2020.