This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in Travelport’s privacy policies which can be found at www.travelport.com/privacy (“Travelport’s Privacy Notices” and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (”consumers” or “you”). Travelport provides the following notice in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in Travelport’s Privacy Notices and the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information we collect
The personal information that Travelport may collect and that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device is set forth in Travelport’s Privacy Notices.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Travelport’s Privacy Notices sets forth how we obtain the categories of personal information.
Use of personal information
Travelport’s Privacy Notices sets forth how we use collected personal information. Travelport will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing personal information
Travelport’s Privacy Notices sets forth how we share collected personal information.
Disclosures of personal information for a business purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the categories of personal information for a business purpose as set forth in Travelport’s Privacy Notices
Sales of personal information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Travelport has not sold personal information.
Your rights and choices
The CCPA provides relevant consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to specific information and data portability rights
You have the right to request that Travelport disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
Deletion request rights
You have the right to request that Travelport delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Exercising access, data portability, and deletion rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 1-800-245-5214;
Sending an e-mail to email@example.com; or
Writing to us at:
300 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Attention: Data Protection Officer / Legal Dept.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response timing and format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Travelport reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website or services (directly or indirectly) following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date: This policy was last updated on 1 January 2020.