Posted8th Jan, 2021
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Experience Required5+ years experience in product management role, specifically focused on API development.
Education RequiredBachelor's or equivalent experience
What does a great Product Manager do at Travelport?
Working in collaboration with our Agile SAFe development environment, the Product Manager will represent the needs of our customers in the travel industry market by developing a rich expertise of our target customers’ operations and usage of our API products, then use this knowledge to define and prioritize development efforts to ensure that our products delight our customers by meeting their needs and delivering added value.
Ensure product delivery success by executing on Product Management standard methodologies in an Agile SAFe environment:
- Research and collaborate to understand and document customer needs and validate solutions as well as to support portfolio work.
- Develop and communicate the product vision and roadmap strategy.
- Participate in PI planning and ensure development/delivery of appropriate SAFe PI Planning artifacts.
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to understand, define, and document Enabler work.
- Participate in demos and Inspect and Adapt.
- Translate high-level market requirements into epic level features, author acceptance criteria, and provide product acceptance to ensure market needs are met.
- Ensure a value proposition canvas and a lean canvas are in place for all large features and initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and leader to Travelport technical teams ensuring a complete functional definition of the desired features.
Ensure product financial and market success:
- Develop and maintain product investment budgets: cost budgeting and revenue goals. Develop and monitor product revenue strategies leading to product-level P&L results.
- Organize Alpha and Betas to enable a formalized Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy.
- Coordinate release contents and schedule with development leadership; keep internal & external stakeholders updated on changes to release dates or content.
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure that release contents are positioned and communicated to partners in a timely and effective manner.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s industry leader, this role will drive transformation and be part of a forward thinking and innovative culture.
What we look for...
Experience and Capabilities:
- 4-year college degree required, preferably in a business or technical subject area.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager required with a strong preference for product management experience within the travel technology or Online Travel Agency (OTA) business.
- Proficient with Agile Product Development practices, preferably Scaled Agile. Additional consideration will be given to an individual who is SAFe certified.
- Experience using the value proposition canvas and lean canvas methodologies.
- Validated analytic, logic, and quantitative skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions, as well as a curiosity to find answers and the self-motivation to self-serve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulately communicate and express complex concepts concisely and effectively.
- MS Office Suite: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of work management tools like JIRA or Aha!
- Knowledge of other essential tools such as; Postman, Slack, XMLSpy and Qlikview.
- Ability to read XML, JSON, and other API formats.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you!
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform key job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.