Posted14th Dec, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Experience Required3 years experience as a Paralegal
Education RequiredBachelor's or equivalent certification
What does a great Paralegal do?
In this role, the Paralegal will collaborate with the Legal team to provide vital support to our global Commercial teams in various administrative tasks that include but are not limited to the following key responsibilities…
- Review, draft and finalize all forms of contracts and associated terms and conditions, in support of commercial relationships with Travelport’s Travel Partner and Travel Partner Solutions customers; including airlines, hotel chains and aggregators, and car chains and aggregators, and travel agency customers. This accountability would involve working directly with the account managers of associated teams; the finance and billing teams who support these teams; and others within Travelport.
- Provide clear and practical advice on how to handle legal issues and processes to Travelport colleagues in all business areas, through in-person meetings, telephone calls, and via email and other forms of written communication.
- Provide general support as the needs arise on confidentiality agreements, requests for proposals, various litigation related matters, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Lead legal projects as advised by Vice President, Legal Americas to include capturing information and documentation, and acting as liaison with internal Travelport employees and senior management, as well as potentially parties outside of Travelport.
- Promote good commercial/best practice procedures including establishing or revising policies and procedures as needed to support business activities.
- Contribute to other areas of the business that may require assistance from time to time and help connect colleagues across the business to resolve problems and advance Travelport’s commercial objectives.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and join a thriving culture.
What we look for?
Crucial Experience and Capabilities:
- College degree, with a preference for either an emphasis in paralegal studies or post-graduate certification from an American Bar Association approved course of paralegal studies.
- 3 years of demonstrated ability in a Paralegal role; with responsibilities negotiating, reviewing, editing, and drafting portions of commercial contracts and confidentiality agreements either in a law firm or corporate in-house environment.
- General understanding of the areas of law relevant to commercial contracts, including contract interpretation under relevant law, dispute procedures, and related matters.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize urgent projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal direction and across global time zones with multi-cultural and multi-national teams.
- You are a quick learning self-starter, but also seek guidance when appropriate.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office’s Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications.
- Fluency in Spanish, including the ability to conduct oral conversations regarding legal topics and to draft contract language in Spanish, is beneficial but not required.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you!
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!