Posted11th Nov, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
We are looking for a Machine Learning Research Scientist that will help us apply real-time big data analytics technologies to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in formulating mathematical model, developing and applying data mining, machine learning and deep learning algorithms and techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality descriptive, preventative, predictive, and prescriptive systems integrated with our products.
- Research, design, and implement novel statistical, machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and platforms
- Translate unstructured business problems into abstract mathematical frameworks
- Design and develop deep learning based analytics framework
- Implement production quality application/s around the analytics (logging, error handle, robustness, stats, etc.)
- Machine learning and data mining using state-of-the-art tools and techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to abstract, process, clean, verify and integrate the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Apply intelligent approaches to convert prototype model into high performance product
- Learn and apply new methodologies in the intersection of machine learning / deep learning / artificial intelligence / applied math / probability / statistics / computer science
- Be a technical mentor, thought leader, tech lead for the Data Science team
- Guide the team about technology and research directions
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-5+ years’ experience in Statistical, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and/or Software Development in one or multiple of the following languages: Java, C++, Scala, Python, Go, CUDA
- Masters or PHD Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields
- Experiences with a proven track record of leveraging data, math, statistics and machine learning or deep learning to drive significant business impact
- Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modelling/machine learning algorithms. Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Clustering Algorithms, Neural Network, Optimization, and Stochastic Processes
- Experience in deep learning and artificial intelligence is preferred
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Excellent skills in Python, with good experiences in common data science toolkits, such as R, SAS, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Extensive experiences with big data analytics toolkits, such as Spark streaming, PySpark, SparkR, Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Preferred experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Preferred good scripting in Shell scripting, Python, Perl, awk, sed, etc.
- High performance programming skills in Scala, Java, C++, C, Go, etc.
- Deep understanding in software development and performance tuning
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as GGplot, Highcharts, D3.js, SpotFire, Tableau, QlikView is preferred
- Impactful presentation skills, including the use of meaningful charts, graphs, or other data visualizations to convey information and results clearly and concisely
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Data Oriented Personality